Photographer – Royal Australian Air Force
As an Air Force Photographer, you’ll work with like-minded, visually creative people in dynamic work environments across the Australian Defence Force. In this role, you’ll enjoy:
• an excellent salary plus generous superannuation
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• a good work/life balance
• world-class training
• rewarding work, with opportunities to travel the world
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences and opportunities that you wouldn’t get in a civilian role.
As an Air Force Photographer, you’ll be responsible for capturing imagery and vision in support of Whole of Government objectives, military operations, exercises and activities, as well as Defence supported public events, at home and overseas.
This rewarding role offers far more variety than that of its civilian counterparts – one day you could be flying in the back of a C-17A Globemaster and the next day you could be working with Air Force puppies, or in Guam on Exercise Cope North.
Operating independently or as a member of a Military Camera Team, your work will be critical to Military Public Affairs and will directly impact Air Force’s brand and reputation.
In this role, you’ll make the most of your relevant qualification, working in unique environments and receiving further career development training to hone your skills as a photographer and make you an expert in your field.
This role offers plenty of variety, interest, camaraderie and adventure. Better still, you’ll be working in a dynamic people-focused organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Sounds good? Then apply now (below).
– Fully-paid training
– Start salary package approx. $72,500 p.a.
– Generous superannuation plus numerous other benefits.
• Training in Sydney
• Then posting to bases in Canberra, Williamtown, Amberley,
Richmond or Adelaide.
• Potential for overseas postings
If you’re interested in becoming an Air Force Photographer, you’ll be able to join through Qualified Entry. To apply, you’ll need to:
• Be at least 17 years old
• Be an Australian citizen
• Have completed Year 10 with passes in English and Maths
• Hold a Certificate IV in Photography and Photo Imaging or Certificate
IV in Videography (or equivalent qualification)
• Possess some photography experience and submit CV and current
portfolio of work for consideration
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
There may also be opportunities for Unqualified Entry on a case by case basis.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application. For more information view the full position description here:
Show moreShow less
To post a job please email the web master.