Congratulations to all the winners of the 2018 AIMBI Awards.
The AIMBI Awards Exhibition is an opportunity to win GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE awards for your work and have your work exhibited at the Professional Exhibition at the Biennial National Conference (BNC).
The Professional Exhibition is held in conjunction with the BNC and will display any entry that comes up to a professional standard. Entries can include: Clinical & Non Clinical Photography, Ophthalmic Photography, Graphic Design, Medical Art, Posters, Video, Animation, 3D and Web design including Educational or Public Relations work that has been undertaken for Medical, Biological or Scientific purposes.
All entries will be judged on their professional standards and will be in the chance to win an award.
It is at the discretion of the judging panel to decide how many awards to present.
THE AIMBI AWARDS – all award winners will receive a certificate
BRONZE AWARD – will be awarded to work that exhibits an excellent application of technique, understanding and interpretation of the subject matter.
SILVER AWARD – will be awarded to work that shows an outstanding application of technique, understanding and interpretation of the subject matter.
GOLD AWARD – will be awarded to work that demonstrates an exceptional use of technique, understanding and interpretation of the subject matter.
In addition to the Gold, Silver & Bronze awards, these special categories may be presented:
- Best Overall Entry – the best of the Gold Award winners
- Best Student Entry
- Best BCA & IPT Entry
- Best Non AIMBI/BCA/IPT Member Entry
There is no entry fee for the 2018 AIMBI Awards
Judging: Entries will be judged prior to the BNC. The judging panel will consist of representatives of AIMBI and independent judges that have relevant expertise in the field they are judging.
The digital entries will be judged on a colour calibrated monitor.
The entries will be displayed digitally at the AIMBI BNC.
The awards will be announced and presented at the Awards Function and published in eNetwork.
- The Professional Exhibition is open to all those employed within the biological, medical or scientific illustration professions; however, only financial members of AIMBI are eligible to receive awards. The exceptions are 1. Students enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate, art or photography course, who are entitled to be eligible for the Best Student Entry 2. IPT and BCA members are eligible for the Best IPT & BCA entry 3. Non-members are eligible for the Best non-member entry.
Team entries are permitted if the majority of the team are AIMBI members.
- There is a maximum of 4 entries per entrant.
- All photographic, illustration and design entries should be submitted as digital files in two formats:
One high resolution tiff file suitable for publication (A4 ,300dpi) and one low resolution jpeg file suitable for displaying on screen/digital projection (1024×768 pixels).
Please include originals if entering a brochure or publication.
All video, animation and DVD work please submit original work, as well as including a high & low resolution screen grab file suitable for publication and digital display, as outlined above.
- The electronic files are to be delivered via dropbox or similar or mailed on CD or DVD to AIMBI Exhibition Awards co-ordinator. The discs will not be returned to entrants. If submitting any original works that need to be returned, the entrant is required to supply a self addressed stamped envelope/package. The Committee will not be responsible for damage to entries in transit or at the conference.
- The files must be labelled with the entrants surname _image title
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant(s) as stated on the entry form.
- Each entry must be accompanied with an entry form, which includes your full name, contact details, a brief description of your work, technical details and signature to agree to abide by the rules, see Entry Form.
- Closing date for entries: All entries should be received by 01 March 2018.
- Entrants must have permission from the copyright holder to enter work in the awards. Entry into the Professional Exhibition gives permission for AIMBI to display the work in the AIMBI
Collection or publish it for the purpose of promoting AIMBI without payment by AIMBI. Any prior copyright restrictions must be noted on the Entry Form.
- Any patient or any other person depicted in a photograph must have given permission and consent for their image to be exhibited by AIMBI and to be published to promote AIMBI.
Care must be taken to maintain confidentiality of any persons who may appear in any entry.
- Acceptance of entries for display will be at the discretion of the judging panel.
- Awards will be presented to entries that exhibit excellent, outstanding and exceptional use of visual communication skills created by medical and biological illustrators.
Clarification of the rules and procedures regarding the Professional Exhibition can be made by contacting the AIMBI Awards Exhibition 2018 co-ordinator : Amanda Rebbechi email: email@example.com